The makers of Osmos have sponsored a contest open to all physics enthusiasts - students, teachers, everyone. Here's how it works:
Create a one-minute video illustrating a physics concept that you discover in the game. The top entry will receive a $500 gift card to Amazon.com
. The top three runners up will also receive prizes.
To submit your entry, follow the instructions below.
- Download and install the Osmos free demo. (Or purchase Osmos from the App Store.)
- Experiment with your gameplay to illustrate physics concepts using Osmos as your virtual lab.
- Review the official contest rules.
- Create a video illustrating a physics concept.
(If you want to record your screen, try Jing or ScreenChomp)
- Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Screencast.com
- Complete the submission form by 11:59PM PST, January 2, 2012.
Winners will be announced on January 4, 2012.
- This contest would make a great activity for the final days before the holiday break from school. It would also be a fun project for advanced physics students over the break.
Review some of your physics knowledge using Hippocampus.org